BTU input: 7,900 to 20,000 | Efficiency: 79% | Approval: CSA
- Fits very small coal burning fireplaces while offering a traditional, Victorian or contemporary style
- Existing closeout inventory has COAL EFFECT FIRE ONLY
- Includes blower
- Direct Vent technology with ceramic glass window. Closeout models do not include a mesh screen. If you have young children or nosy pets, this is an essential safety issue. You can purchase a small screen here on our website if you don't already have a fireplace screen you can set in front of it.
- Firebox liner is an aged brick design
- Multifunction hand held remote control included
- Closeout models feature a millivolt valve with a pilot light
- CSA approved
- Vents through the fireplace chimney by using dual 3" aluminum liner kit with special chimney cap (included in price). Approved for up to 40' tall chimney. This model may also be used as a fireplace for new construction.
ADVANTAGES OF THE Q1
Because of the unobtrusive design of the top louvers, sometimes the Q1 contemporary insert can be used WITH your existing antique cast iron surround. Check the dimensions of your surround's opening and if it's larger than 20-1/4" wide and 28" tall then you may be able to keep the original appeal of your vintage fireplace while upgrading to a highly efficient gas heating system with the Q1 insert.
You may find it's easier to detach your cast iron surround, install the Q1 insert. Use one of the available trim panels and then attach your antique cast iron trim to the trim panel. The 30" x 30" trim panel is usually the ideal size.
We're so proud to bring you this option as we worked with the manufacturer to develop it. The Victorian trim was specifically designed to bring the look of an AMERICAN style cast iron fireplace trim to the market. Available in either black or bronze, it offers versatile installation options as well.
It's shown left with an optional trim panel measuring 36W x 34H, but this is not necessary for installation. It can be used with the cast iron trim only which measures 30W x 30-1/2H if the cast iron trim alone will cover your fireplace opening.
The Victorian trim comes with a rear extension (see detail in the photo of the bronze trim) which allows a reduced depth installation of just 13".
Victorian Face - Instruction Guide
WATCH VIDEO BELOW
Minimum Fireplace Dimensions: 20-1/2W x 27-1/2H x 14-1/2D (13" depth needed when using the optional Victorian cast iron trim)
SELECT FIRE STYLE: Logs, Coal or Glass