CHOICE OF LOG STYLES
|American Oak||Charred American Oak|
|Charred Majestic Oak||Charred Oak|
|Golden Oak||Split Oak|
REAL FIRE G46 "ADVANTAGE" GAS LOG PACKAGE includes:
G46 Gas Burner; Grate;choice of Log Sets shown;Glowing Embers;Sand
(Natural gas) or Vermiculite (LP gas); Connector Kit; Piezo Igniter;
Damper Clamp; Variable Remote Control Handset with (Style 17) Valve.
Your choice of Log Styles shown left, available in 3 sizes.
SELECTING YOUR LOG SIZE:
18" LOG SET requires at least 24" front width, 15" depth. (40,000 btu input)
24" LOG SET requires at least 30" front width, 15" depth. (55,000 btu input)
30" LOG SET requires at least 36" front width, 15" depth. (65,000 btu input)
How do they make these logs so realistic?
with real wood logs! Peterson's designers gather real wood logs and
branches from several species of wood, then make a mold to exactly
duplicate natural firewood. Real fires are built, and charred pieces are
saved for careful reproduction, too. REAL-FYRE logs are made from a
high quality, heavy-duty ceramic, reinforced with steel rods. They're
designed to look great out of the box and to last for years and years
without chipping or breaking.
ABOUT THE BURNER
manufactures several style of burners, we endorse the G46 "Advantage"
burner for several of its design advantages:
- The tapered shape conforms to the way most fireplaces are built
- The rear side of this taper provides a niche to install the remote control valve so the valve is less visible - and less distracting from the beauty of the fire
- The rear-located remote control valve is better protected from excessive heat buildup, enabling installation of a larger log set than available with most burner designs
- Triple "T" burner gives a 3-dimensional flame that also economizes gas usage - uses 30% to 40% less gas than most other vented gas logs
- Deluxe model APK-15 hand-held control included,
which cuts the flame on or off as well as enabling you to adjust the
flame height without getting up or bending over to fumble with controls
- ANSI safety approved (recognized and approved virtually anywhere in the US)
Vented gas logs will not produce substantial heat. Vented gas logs rated as a DECORATIVE appliance. Because your fireplace
damper must be either removed or permanently cracked open, the heat
produced will be drawn up the chimney, just like it is when burning wood
in an open fireplace. For this reason we highly recommend you install glass doors to help stop heat loss up the chimney when the logs are not turned on.
Vented gas logs are designed to simulate wood burning
in a fireplace while providing exceptional convenience: no wood to
tote, no ashes to clean; instant fire at the turn of a button.
NOTE: Vented gas logs can only be installed into a functional
fireplace with a chimney in good operating order. The chimney must be
lined to be suitable for use with gas logs. If the chimney smokes when
you burn wood, then please be aware that vented gas logs are not a
suitable choice, as this could bring fumes (including carbon monoxide)
and soot into your home. Please address any fireplace or chimney issues
before installing vented gas logs!