The Q1 gas insert is designed to fit into very small fireplaces like those found in historic homes. The simply framed fire adds a contemporary style to your fireplace while converting it to a powerful source of heat for your home. A hand-held thermostat remote control keeps the room comfortable by modulating the flame to maintain a consistent warmth, rather than turning the burner on & off, a feature offering greater efficiency than other fireplace inserts on the market. Set back from the decorative front so it's unobtrusive, the glass window prevents your warm air from being exhausted out of the chimney, keeping the room cozy. Two 3" diameter chimney liners are installed; one brings combustion air from outdoors, while the other liner exhausts the fumes. This offers the ultimate in fireplace efficiency and safety.
BTU input: 7,900 to 20,000 | Efficiency: 79% | Approval: CSA
- Fits very small coal burning fireplaces while offering a traditional or contemporary
- Select coal, glass or log effect gas fires.
- Electronic ignition means there's no standing pilot.
- Direct Vent technology with ceramic glass window; child guard safety screen included keeps little hands from touching the glass
- Customize the firebox with either aged brick or black reflective panels
- Multifunctional hand held remote control: adjust flame height, adjust heat output, set a timer to cut your fire on just before you get home from work - a true welcome home!
- Ignition is achieved electronically using a 9V battery, eliminating the need for a standing pilot
- CSA approved; also approved in Massachusetts.
- Vents through the fireplace chimney by using dual 3" aluminum liner kit with special chimney cap (included in price). Approved for up to 40' tall chimney. Other venting options also available.
ADVANTAGES OF THE Q1
Because of the unobtrusive design of the top louvers, sometimes the Q1 insert can be used WITH your existing antique cast iron surround. Check the dimensions of your surround's opening and if it's larger than 20-1/4" wide and 28" tall then you may be able to keep the original appeal of your vintage fireplace while upgrading to a highly efficient gas heating system with the Q1 insert.
You may find it's easier to detach your cast iron surround, install the Q1 insert. Use one of the available trim panels and then attach your antique cast iron trim to the trim panel. The 30" x 30" surround is usually the ideal size.
Available in May 2019!
Victorian cast iron front available in black or bronze, add $599
Minimum Fireplace Dimensions: 20-1/2W x 27-1/2H x 14-1/2D
Select the trim panel that will cover your fireplace opening (included in price)
SELECT FIRE STYLE: Logs, Coal or Glass