Medium Size Direct Vent Gas Fireplace
- The HORIZON gas fireplace is designed to offer a large range of finishing details for a style that goes from traditional to modern & contemporary
- A full secondary heat exchanger provides high heating efficiency in this gas fireplace designed for new construction & remodeling
- Small footprint - add a traditional fireplace into small spaces
- Choice of Traditional Logs, Driftwood or Rocks with Twigs
- Full view fireplace with slim framing dimensions
EFFICIENT DESIGN WITH A SMALL FOOTPRINT
The Horizon is an updated model with more design features, allowing you to truly customize the look of your new built-in fireplace or insert. The stainless steel burner is uniquely designed to provide flame impingement on the logs to create a realistic glowing fire. The secondary heat exchanger creates powerful convective heat without needing an electric flower fan; it therefore operates without the need for electricity - YOUR FIREPLACE IS FULLY FUNCTIONAL IN A POWER OUTAGE! Flexible venting options and small depth mean you can install a new fireplace into virtually any room in your home, while maintaining a large fire viewing area, or transform your existing masonry fireplace into a powerful source of heat.The valve is controlled via a battery system so it offers thermostatically controlled heating, even when the power is out!
-Effective and adjustable source of radiant heat.
-6,500-24,000 BTU input
-Direct Vent technology with glass window
-Approved for outdoor installations (provided the porch or outdoor room has a roof)
-Choice of designer trims
-Includes multifunction HAND HELD REMOTE CONTROL: adjust flame height, adjust heat output, set timer to cut your fire on just before you get home from work - a true welcome home!
- Ignition is achieved electronically using a 9V battery, eliminating the need for a standing pilot.
- CSA approved.
- Approved for venting vertically up to 40' or horizontally through the wall
- Includes barrier screen to keep little hands from touching the hot glass
- Includes straight out horizontal vent kit through the wall
- Available in Virginia only
click to enlarge dimensions
The venting can exit the top or rear of the Horizon fireplace. Using Dura Vent 6-5/8OD double wall pipe, venting can go straight out horizontally, up then out a horizontal wall, or vent vertically through the roof. Up to two pairs of elbows are allowed (as pictured left). Maximum vertical venting height is 40'.
When used as in insert INSIDE OF AN EXISTING MASONRY FIREPLACE, use dual 3" diameter chimney liners through the existing chimney.
When installing the Horizon as a fireplace system then adhere to the minimum framing specs below.