- New Website Shopping Cart is on its Way
- Prefab Conversion to Electric
- How to Clean Soot Stains on Brick or Stone
- Aldine Style Fireplaces
- Vintage Decor - Get The Look
- Hacks for Storms & Hurricanes
- Fireplace Transformations - Lexington VA
- Rustic Luxe
- Decorate Your Fireplace Safely
Recently we had some customers in the store looking for a technician to remove the gas logs in the historic home they had recently purchased. The gas logs just didn't heat and they decided they would take the fireplace back to its woodburning origins.
After talking with them further, the house was too cold and since the gas logs didn't heat, they thought they'd get more heat from a wood fire. I explained that a wood fire would provide the same disappointing heating results, not to mention the extra mess associated with burning wood. Additionally, Natural Gas is cheaper than buying firewood and as they already had a gas line, it would really be a simple change out to a high efficiency gas insert that would give them the heat ......