- New Website Shopping Cart is on its Way
- Prefab Conversion to Electric
- How to Clean Soot Stains on Brick or Stone
- Aldine Style Fireplaces
- Vintage Decor - Get The Look
- Hacks for Storms & Hurricanes
- Fireplace Transformations - Lexington VA
- Rustic Luxe
- Decorate Your Fireplace Safely
I thought I'd share this e-mail question and its answer because this topic comes up frequently.
"I have been searching for a gas coal fireplace insert which does not require a working flue. I see that all of your coal baskets do require them. My Victorian brick home has a coal grate in our bedroom. The chimney does not have a damper, and I have blocked the flue since it draws a lot of warm air out of the room. I have seen vent free gas log sets, but not simulated coal fires for such situations. Is there some reason why vent free log sets are made but not coal? Have I just not looked hard enough? Thank you for your help."